Sponsorship Proposal eArticle. PDF File
This is a free article.
This article is in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read this article.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free program.
Sponsorship Proposal. (Introduction)
“A sponsor likes a top finisher, but a top finisher with an attitude doesn’t go as far as a midpacker with an awesome attitude.”
Before Sending a Proposal
● Decide what you want, what is reasonable, and importantly, what you will give in return.
Levels or support for athletes are:
● Research to find out if the team, company, or group to which you are applying has the resources to help you in the way you want.
● Call ahead
● Send your proposal to a person, not the company per se, not “sponsorship department.”
● Send it to the right person.
● If you have been able to meet and chat with the right people during the course of the year, even better.
● Ask yourself: Are you willing to do what you are about to propose if you are having a bad day?
● Be on your best behavior at races and events. Temper tantrums and unsporting behavior will get you noticed for the wrong reasons.