Training Series Articles:
Order Time Trialing eArticle. $3.99. Prefer not to use a credit card or PayPal?
Want to order all ABC eArticles at a discount?
Bulk order rights to print more than one copy.
This eArticle is in PDF format. It will be sent to you via e-mail.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read this article.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free program.
To see a typical article, check out the short Road Rash article.
Information in this article is also available in the
slide show Time Trialing.
Should you use a disc on a hilly time trial course? Free analysis.
Time Trialing (Introduction)
A time trial is a timed bicycling event. Time trials are almost always individual events. It’s one rider against the clock. Often called the “race of truth,” the time trial is often perceived as the ultimate test of a cyclist’s ability.
In multi-day events, the individual time-trial stages are usually crucial to a rider’s overall success.
● Time trialing is comprehensively reviewed.
● The physical requirements and training of time trialing are discussed.
● The techniques of time trialing are reviewed.
● The pre and post time trial preparations are reviewed.
● The importance of mental attitude is addressed.
● Time trial position and equipment are reviewed.