Slide Show: Annual Plan—Goal Setting & Planning Your Training Year
This slide show is in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this slide show.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free program.
The PDF file size is 1.1 megabytes.
Presenting the complete slide show will take about one hour.
You can view and print this version, but you cannot modify it.
The corresponding ABC article Goal Setting is included.
Read the information on the copyright page.
● The presentation reviews the process of annual planning.
● Background planning information, including history of training, current physical, psychological, and skills is reviewed.
● Goal setting is briefly reviewed in the main slide show.
● Goal setting is covered in detail in supplementary slides.
● Training principles are briefly reviewed.
● Different approaches to annual planning are reviewed.
● Periodization is reviewed in detail.
● Scheduling non-physical training, including skills and psychology is reviewed.
● Special topics, including super overloading are reviewed.
● Training week examples are given.
● Specific practical steps in annual planning are outlined.
Below is a sample slide from the show.
Click on the image to enlarge it.