Slide Show: Economy & Energy Conservation
This slide show is in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this slide show.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free program.
The PDF file size is 448 kilobytes.
Presenting the complete slide show will take about 90 minutes.
You can view and print this version, but you cannot modify it.
Read the information on the copyright page.
● The presentation reviews the definitions of economy and efficiency.
● The difference between economy and efficiency is explained.
● Factors that contribute to improving economy are discussed.
● Energy conservation in terms of equipment—weight, friction, and aerodynamics—is reviewed.
● Energy conservation in terms of riding strategy and tactics is reviewed.
● The energy savings of drafting and the energy cost of surging are reviewed in detail.
● The role of momentum in energy conservation reviewed.
● Energy conservation examples are discussed in many cycling disciplines, including criteriums, road races, time trials, climbing, and descending.
Below is a sample slide from the show.
Click on the image to enlarge it.