Slide Show: Focus & Breathing
This slide show is in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this slide show.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free program.
The PDF file size is 278 kilobytes.
This slide show does include a notes section.
Presenting the complete slide show will take about 30 minutes.
You can view and print this version, but you cannot modify it.
The corresponding ABC article Focus & Breathing is included.
The version includes web links to 4 videos.
Read the information on the copyright page.
● The presentation reviews the importance of mental training.
● The elements of focus: external vs. internal, narrow vs. wide, and associated vs. dissociated are discussed.
● The importance of narrow, internal, associated focus is discussed.
● The relevance of breathing techniques to improve focus is discussed.
● Breathing techniques, including breathing rhythms, exhalation timing, belly breathing, and purse breathing are discussed.
Below is a sample slide from the show.
Click on the image to enlarge it.