Slide Show: Interval Training
This slide show is in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this slide show.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free program.
The PDF file size is 250 kilobytes.
Presenting the complete slide show will take about one hour.
You can view and print this version, but you cannot modify it.
Read the information on the copyright page.
● The presentation starts with a brief history of interval training.
● The benefits and arguments for and against interval training are presented.
● The classification of intervals and terminology of interval training is reviewed.
● The specifics of different kinds of interval training are reviewed.
● The importance of determining the appropriate recovery period between intervals is outlined.
● The so-called VO2 interval, or maximal aerobic interval, is reviewed in detail.
Below is a sample slide from the show.
Click on the image to enlarge it.