Slide Show: Nutrition
This slide show is in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this slide show.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free program.
The PDF file size is 2.1 megabytes.
Presenting the complete slide show will take about 90 minutes.
You can view and print this version, but you cannot modify it.
Read the information on the copyright page.
● The presentation reviews the principles in the book Nutrition for Sports.
● The book Nutrition for Sports is available at a discount for groups.
● The general for-all principles of nutrition are reviewed.
● The specific needs of athletes are addressed.
● Macronutrients, especially carbohydrates are discussed in detail.
● The importance of maltodextrins fro aerobic endurance athletes is reviewed.
● The importance of hydration is discussed.
● The role of vitamins and minerals is reviewed.
● The vulnerability of aerobic endurance athletes to sodium depletion in conditions of heat and humidity is discussed.
● Nutritional quackery and the targeting of athletes is discussed.
● Ideas for simple quick nutritious meals for athletes are presented.
Below is slide 18 of 96.
Click on the image to enlarge it.